The town:

Diocesan Museum
lens

Inserisci un termine per iniziare la tua ricerca.

The museum is based in the Episcopal Palace, a solemn building which was originally part of the Benedictine abbey of San Cristoforo del Ponte. Here is conserved a rare and documented collection of ceramics donated by the lamented ceramics expert Don Corrado Leonardi, and includes many examples of the Durantina, Urbaniese tradition from medieval to recent times.

Museo Diocesano

Also included in the museum is important evidence of the history of the town, from archeological finds from the Roman period, silver, sacred hangings, paintings and frescoes. The ceramics section shows techniques and local styles from 1200 until 1900, with vases, display plates, jugs and basins, productions for architectural decoration, amphoras, holy-water fonts and other works of art.